Project Management, Relocation Management, Move, Add and Change Management (MAC), Help Desk
FMExtension's project management goal is to manage the complexities necessary to bring a new facility or space on line, within your budget and timing constraints. FMExtension acts as a liaison between the many internal and external groups and the in-house facilities project manager. Leadership, documentation and communication are key components of our management style.
- Budget Development and Control
- Schedule Development and Management
- Space Needs Assessment Programming
- Space Planning
- Vendor Management
- Furniture Valuation and Specifications
- Equipment Inventory
- Furniture Inventory
- Single point of contact for management of multiple vendors along with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Industry expertise - years of experience as in-house project managers means FMExtension has been there, done that and there's no learning curve.
FMExtension Relocation Management Specialist manages all relocation details, ensuring a seamless transition to a new facility. Process, budget, schedule and vendor details are thoroughly planned, managed and executed. All customer, vendor and supplier requirements and expectations are documented and communicated.
Complete management of all relocation details.
- Move Planning
- Move Vendor Coordination
- Move Communications
- On-site Troubleshooting
- Post Move Activities
- Project Consulting Tools and Templates
- Budget and Schedule Review and Tracking
- Systematic Project Review and Troubleshooting
- Processes, tools, templates, and training to self manage your organizations move
- Let us plan and manage your move - leaving you to focus on high-level issues and your daily work.
- Savings for your organization - time and money saved by simplifying and streamlining the process.
- Flexible services - get help with what you need when you need it.
Move, Add and Change Management (MAC)
The process of managing continual change is a core service for FMExtension, Inc. Our clients are able to contract experienced MAC managers, extending their own facilities group without adding permanent staff.
FMExtension can provide MAC staff for corporate clients on a part time or full time basis, on-site or off-site.
Our MAC staff has strong coordination skills, understanding the planning, as well as implementation of systems furniture. We have extensive experience in coordinating space readiness and move projects.
MAC Best Practices
- Planning and Design
- Process and Procedures
- Space and Furniture Standards
- Inventory Management
- Customer Communications
- Quality Improvement
- AutoCAD / As-Builts
- Vendor Coordination
- Experienced facility management staff - minimal transition or start up time.
- Savings - Contract FMExtension MAC staff as needed.
Taking your furniture selection and creating a smart furniture plan can contribute to better exchange of information and services between employees and management and employees and their customers. The office should convey a feeling of comfort which can help clients and new hires feel at ease. An inviting space can help keep people focused, energized and connected.
Systems Furniture Management
- Develop Space - Planning Options
- Evaluation and Specification of Best System to Accomodate the Work Style of Your Organization
- Manage Systems Furniture Inventory
- Develop Systems Furniture Procurement RFP
- Provide Installation Drawings for Systems Furniture
- Coordinate and Oversee Installation of Systems Furiture
Ancillary Furniture Management
- Determine Re-Use Strategy for Existing Ancillary Furniture
- Inventory Existing Ancillary Furniture
- Develop From/To List for Existing Ancillary Furniture
- Develop Ancillary Furniture Procurement RFP
- Provide Installation Drawings for New and Existing Ancillary Furniture
- Tag Furniture to be Relocated
- Track and Coordinate Vendor Activities and Costs
- Coordinate and Oversee Installation of Ancillary Furniture
- Creating just the right environment with your furniture selection and plan can give you a work atmosphere that is satisfying and gives the quality space that tells your employees that they are valued and respected
- Creating the right environment can streamline communication and decision making and deliver product faster and more efficiently to the market
The office can be more than simply a physical location where people work; an office that encourages job enjoyment and elevates self-esteem play a roll in supporting innovation and increasing worker productivity.
Finish Specification and Documentation
- Develop Options from Which to Choose a Finish Scheme (Carpet, Tile, Base, Wall Coverings, Paint, etc.)
- Develop a Finish Schedule (legend) and Plans of the approved Scheme
- Negotiate Pricing, Delivery and Installation of Finishes
- Coordinate Vendors to Complete Work According to the Finish Specifications within Schedule Parameters Established by the Project Team
- A satisfying work space is key to helping people feel better about their jobs
- A quality space tells your organization that they are valued and respected